Thursday, April 7, 2022

Baby Sails Quilt Finish

 Yes, I am sharing a lot of finished quilts lately. I'm not finding much time to sew, but quilts have stacked up at Jackie's for a while. I've picked up 6 in the last few weeks. I always let her know that I am not in a hurry to have them back unless it's something I really need soon and in those cases (twice in 12 years) she zips them out in a day or two.

A quilt top might hang around here for a few years before I hand it off to her so from start to finish, my quilts usually go through a proofing season...or two. 

I do not sew in the evenings because I prefer to spend that time with DH, but I DO generally have a quilt to bind so I will often stitch on that as we visit. 

I bought a fat quarter pack of On Deck fabrics from Craftsy back in2017:

And I paired it with this pattern:

I love having a few baby quilt on hand and I needed some little boy quilts to fill in the gaps and I thought this one fit the bill nicely. I still love all of these prints and this was a quick one to piece:

The little appliqued boats are such fun

I bought 2 of the offered backing pieces and used one for this quilt

Jackie's daughter, Sandy, quilted fun rollicking waves across the quilt and I bound it with a blue from my stash:

At 42" x 48", it's going to be a perfect little quilt to welcome a new baby boy. 

                                  

I am ready to empty this bin and I still want to add to my baby quilt supply so I cut the leftover prints into 5" squares and set about making HSTs. I needed some more light background fabric so I added this little print  on the right to finish out the HSTs

And I left a stack of rectangles for a possible piano key border. I am pretty sure there are 2 more quilts hiding in here:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your archives for the past few weeks, very entertaining and meaningful to wish through the years with you and yours.

Now I'm caught up (although I did spend some time last night looking for one of your quilts to see if the approach you used would solve a problem for me....I think it will!).

So thank you!

ceci

Shirley said...

What a pretty baby boys quilt you made, the fabrics and boats are so sweet.

Jenny said...

Such a lovely little boys baby quilt, a delightful pattern indeed. It's always good to have a couple of baby quilts on hand, just in case.....

Shelly said...

That is adorable!

sandi s said...

Your little baby quilt is so cute!! The fabrics and pattern are adorable. They will be welcomed by a lucky family and baby. Hugs,

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty fabric line and lovely finished projects...oh those boats...adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...