Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Under the Needle: August

 DH had a Sporting Clays Shoot on Saturday so even though I probably ought to have spent the morning pushing the lawn mower, I shirked my duties for some stitching time. While my machine was on it's extended time away from home, I spent some time cutting for my next project. I chose Criss-Cross Baskets from my Scrap Basket Knockouts book

I've never had the urge to make a basket quilt until I saw this one and I enjoyed sorting through my bin of collected 30's fabrics


I cut pieces from every print I had and I had enough for 110 blocks

I also had fun cutting from my low-volume stash

I've never cut a block-based project like this before so I decided to use a paper plate method to keep things organized. 

I also needed to clear everything away in the midst of it all because we were expecting a houseful for a few days. It looks like a mess, but it's an organized mess

This pattern calls for lots of flippy corners so I am making good use of my Simple Folded Corners Ruler

It took me a long time to sort and match the pieces for each block, but now the blocks are fun to stitch and coming together nicely, albeit slowly

My 30's bin finally has some breathing room and it feels good to finally have something under the needle again!

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

No pictures of completed blocks? I can't wait to see the baskets, happy stitching!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looks like it will be so pretty!

Cathy W said...

Good morning, I just looked at your August blogs. I just wanted you to know how happy reading them makes me. I am a 75 yr old Nevada ranch wife. I just feel so happy that I came in, and there they were. Thank you so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...