Monday, June 26, 2023

Farmer's Market Quilt

 I pieced this quilt back in March 2019 and finally finished last Saturday night.

 4 years from start to finish if you don't count the fact that I bought the fat quarters in a quilt shop in Buda, Texas in 2010. 😂 I had just started quilting and I remember thinking that $2.25 for a fat quarter was outrageous. 

I didn't use a pattern, just cut 5" squares and snowballed 2 corners of each block. I started out using a light tan, but switched to a black & white dot, but this is the only photo I have

 I wanted it bigger so I pulled the green gingham from my stash for a border and finished it off with a green binding.


I backed it with this print that I love from my stash, 

                                            

but didn't have enough so I filled in with this gray plaid I offset on either side.


I can't put my finger on the quilting design Jackie & Sandy used on it, but as usual, it's perfect and brings the top to life. 


At 68 x 74,  this isn't a very big quilt, 


but I just used leftovers from a previous quilt and I think it'll be perfect for a fun little picnic quilt.



6 comments:

Shepherdess55 said...

Very pretty. The finished pattern reminds me of lattice panels used in gardens.

Meredith said...

Love this quilt! Want to make a similar one for the window seat in my kitchen. Thank you for the inspiration!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Perfect way to use all those garden prints!!! And the back is perfect!

Bernie Kringel said...

I love it! The fabrics are adorable. Glad you finished it up. It is so summery.

Chantal said...

Congrats on this lovely finish. It doesn't matter how many years it takes as long as it gets done, it's still called a success! And a beautiful one in this case. Enjoy! ;^)

Theona said...

I loved this so much I started making my own! I've got a bunch of fruit and veg fabric that I collected awhile ago and bought some black pin dot fabric. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...