Wednesday, July 12, 2023

HOT!

 Living in the desert SW, heat is expected, but oye!

Even the kitties are wilting

 I'm ready for Fall! Almost every morning for the last 3 weeks, you can find me here at 5:30. 

DH has been working with a couple of horses and time in the arena is part of their education.

We usually spend about 2 hours first thing in the morning trying to beat the heat of the day.


Monday evening we had a welcome shower that dropped 1/2" about 8:30. I was already in my jammies and headed to bed, but ran out to capture the puddles. When you ranch in the desert, you spend your life praying for rain so when it rains, it's a camera-worthy occasion. 


                       

So that means that yesterday morning it was too wet to rope. The ground in the arena isn't great and it doesn't take much moisture to deem it a no-roping day. A few days before it rained, DH commented that if all the bulls peed in the arena at once, it would be too wet to rope. 😂

So instead, we drove 45 minutes to the SE side of the ranch and I dropped DH and our camp man off to gather and move cattle west.

The sun wasn't even up as I headed back when I spotted this little owl basking in the early morning dawn air

Morning blessings!

May your day overflow with them!



8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

We're dry here in northern Indiana but we're getting a nice rain this morning. There's nothing more enjoyable than sipping the first cup of coffee and listening to the rain. I have to listen to it because it's still dark outside! Hope you get more rain this summer and some time for stitching!

Violet said...

Such calm, reassuring photos in a sometimes-ugly world. Our Creator never ceases to amaze me. Good job on the photography and thank you for sharing.

RuthW in MD said...

What interesting pictures of Cowboy work!! Especially the arena one, where the horse's hooves are throwing up dirt...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh boy!! that is too warm!!!
I laughed at the comment if all the bulls peed in the arena at once it would be too wet....Oh my gosh how I understand that!!!
Love your photos tho!! you capture some gorgeous moments!

Chantal said...

Sending rain your way, Karin, we sure have enough humidity for the rest of the month. Enjoy! ;^)

Lisa said...

That is HOT! Here's to your air conditioner continuing to work, bowls of ice cream and a full glass of cold lemonade! Fortunately we have had a cooler Summer so far than usual, timely rains, and we have missed the horrible storms with large hail and winds that have taken out fields of crops. I am counting our Blessings and not taking it for granted. I did have to chuckle a few days ago...our youngest son lives in central Alberta Canada. They had a heat warning...temps were to get into the mid 80's!

Anonymous said...

Ooo we feel your pain here where I am.. Today was 105 with a ‘feel like’ temp of 112. I can’t remember when we last had rain. It keeps going north and east of us and 1 town not that far from here got 6”!! I always think of workers who are out in the heat, roofers, garbage men. Ugh. Looking forward to Alaska in just over a week!!!

cityquilter grace said...

you'd probably think our 90s would be ok but for us it's brutal...hot everywhere it seems...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...