Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Under the Needle: July

 My knee has kept me from bellying up the the sewing machine this month. I gritted through adding the binding to the front of this quilt because I was desperate to have something to do while I was resting my knee in the evenings, but I will say, that Cortisone shot made a huge difference.

I had picked up another quilt from Jackie and got the binding stitched to the front of it as well

I had a huge stack of blocks to trim for another quilt and I worked on those in small increments of time because I could stand for a while. 

Then I picked up 2 more quilts from Jackie on Monday, after work. So at some point, I'll try to get those trimmed and binding stitched to the front.

We're not big tv watchers, but I'm a huge fan of the Olympics so it's good to have something to bind in the evenings and last week the Cheyenne Rodeo was on too; although I probably spend more time watching than stitching.

Even if both of my knees were healthy, sewing would be taking a back seat because we're putting all of our time and energy into other projects, but I did finish that binding so I have one finish this month...the Longhorn Quilt for our son-in-law.


August is going to be crazy and I don't see any space for sewing so I'm not even making plans, but we'll see how things play out. A few stitches added to binding may be necessary to instill a bit of order to the coming weeks.

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The longhorn quilt looks lovely! Your SIL will be very pleased with this quilt. I hope the knee improves over the weeks in August!

Donna said...

Sorry to hear that your knee is still hurting. This getting old really stinks. Your son in law is going to love his quilt!

Betty said...

That's a great quilt! I love the design. What you accomplish in your life, even with an injury, is pretty amazing and inspirational. Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...