Monday, July 20, 2026

Tropical Twist Quilt

Last year I spent a few days cutting down my scrap basket for 2 quilts from this book


I finished the first one back in March. You can see that post HERE


And this is the second, little sister, quilt. It's called Knots & Chains in the book, but I'm calling it Tropical Twist


It's hard to see the quilting, but Sandy used a design called Spring Fling on it


At 62"x62", it's just a small lap size, but it packs a big punch with so many fun colors & prints.


So many happy low-volume bits and pieces


The hummingbirds were quite smitten with it


We probably have close to 60 birds and they are eating us out of house and home.


They really are the most fascinating little creatures


I backed it and bound it with the same print as the first one 


I would buy a whole bolt of that backing fabric if I saw it. Thankfully, I still have quite a bit left.  

                                                                  

Skeet gives his seal of approval although he's really inquiring about his evening treat.


Not my usual color story, but it just makes me so happy


This dirt road ranch wife must have been channeling her inner Jimmy Buffet while working on these quilts...someone please pass me my lost shaker of salt. 😉


4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like the bright fabrics of these quilts, they're so colorful and happy!

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

A truly gorgeous quilt! And I love all of the photos. The hummingbirds are lucky to have you. Thank you for sharing.

Donna said...

What fun, happy quilts! They definitely look like summer quilts. This year we have only seen one hummingbird at our feeders, last year we had a bunch. We will happily take some of yours off your hands.☺️

liferecipes said...

Do not lose that book! Today's price is $299! This is not a typo either. I have tried many times in the last year to find a copy. No such luck. Your quilts are so bright and happy. Kim Brackett should regain the right to republish this book! She could earn more money--seriously. Alas. I wonder how many other people are trying to find a copy? Keep making more happy quilts with her happy patterns!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...