Those of you who have gardens are probably swimming in zucchini about now. It's such a prolific producer and an over-acheiver. I just have 1 plant and I almost can't pick it fast enough.
Last Friday, I made zucchini bread using this recipe. Zucchini Bread
Zucchini bread recipes are almost as prolific as zucchini this time of the year, but I've never really settled on a favorite. I think this may be it.
I baked it for an hour and checked it with a toothpick before taking it out of the oven, but I still think it could have used a little more time, but otherwise, this was the best zucchini bread
I sprinkled turbino sugar on top and it made the best crispy top. DH likes his with butter, but I like mine plain.
Next up will be chocolate chip zucchini bread. I think our granddaughter and my in-laws will enjoy those. May as well spread the zucchini love around. 😉


4 comments:
Yum on the zucchini bread. I have only picked one zucchini so far. I will most likely pick one tomorrow. For some reason the zucchini are getting about 3" long and rotting. :( I'm not over watering them. Hopefully plant #2 won't follow suit.
My favorite zucchini breakfast is saute one small zucchini in garlic olive oil. After they cook a bit add four eggs and 1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs. I call it lazy scrambled fried zucchini. It's yummy and very filling.
There’s a Garrison Keillor story about zucchini season that reminds people to keep their cars and houses locked if they don’t want mysterious deposits of zucchini from over abundant gardens!
Those look great!
Looks so good. I also like zucchini in sheet pan suppers. In a big bowl combine cut up chicken breast, zucchini, sliced potatoes, carrot matchsticks, green onions, green beans, etc etc. Spritz on olive oil and seasonings & toss. Bake on sheet pan lined with parchment paper 35 minutes at 450. So easy.
no garden here but i do love to make things with zuke and there is plenty around...two faves are zuke fritters and lemon zuke bread....mmm good...or just roast with tomatoes, red onion, garlic, olive oil and ital seasoning...makes great veggie omelettes
Post a Comment