'Tis the season!
This is now a tradition!
I can't wait for our little orchard to begin bearing fruit, but until then, we can be found in an apple orchard in Cloudcroft on an August morning.
I picked up 1 40# box for my SIL and then we picked 100# for us.
The dehydrator will be going non-stop for at least a week...apple cookies are in high demand around here.
As is applesauce
Baked apples have already made multiple appearances
I cooked lunch for my in-laws on Monday and baked apples were served with a special request for apple pie next week.
Apples will be taking over the kitchen for the next 10 days. The temperatures are still summer hot, but it absolutely smells like Fall in my kitchen this week.









3 comments:
apple season here as well...everything looks delish!
Lucky you. I love the smell of apples cooking.
Do you know about Lehman's Brothers steamer pot? It cooks 8 quarts at a time. With it you can bottle the apple juice for later, run the apple pulp through a ricer and cook it down for apple sauce. It's a fairly clean process. Of course the pot can be used for other large quantities of fruit, etc.
Thank you for sharing. San
LOOOOVE it!! we only got 1 apple off our tree this year - so sad. But Apple Cookies??? I may need that recipe!!
Post a Comment