The piles have been poked through. The boxes have been dumped. New piles have been created. It's a vicious cycle. However, in the spirit of new beginnings...and completions, I have compiled a list of sewing goals. A list of 12...oops, 18... projects I hope to complete. 18 in 12. ;). Some are UFOs, some are new projects and it is a sure thing that this list will continue to grow.
1. Quilt of Valor - fabric has been collected and I am ready to begin cutting and piecing for our troops. This is an organization close to my heart, even before our son became a Marine. I started out making blocks for Moda's Just One Star program and pillowcases for the VA .Then I made Stockings for Soldiers. Time to start working on quilts.
2. Marine Quilt - Fabric has been bought, but I can not settle on a pattern. I am going to make a quilt for our boy. He has a cammo quilt I made to take with him, but I want to make him one for when he returns home from deployment. He also brought home old cammies that I plan to cut up and make into a quilt.
3. Jungle Baby Quilt - Started last year and only lacks the binding. Hope to make this my first finish of the new year.
4. Road to Spring - This was a Road to Spring Quilt Along a few years back, but I just made it last year. It's at the quilter's, who is the dearest lady and has become a sweet friend.
5. Scrappy Log Cabin - Jackie has this one as well. Once they are both back, I will be a binding fool.
6. Meadow Friends Strip Quilt with Applique - Fell in love with this line and bought a boatload of it when it was half off. I have a plan so it gets a spot on the list. It's even cuter in person!
7.Flannel Snowman - Just got this to Jackie the other day. Just a 60x60 lap quilt, but I bought the fabric a few years ago and it was an older line then and I never found any coordinating yardage. It took a while for me to find something for the backing and I finally settled on some Minky.
8. Western Skies - Pieced, but I think I want this one custom quilted. I'm joining up with SewCalGal's FMQ project this year and hope to gain enough confidence to tackle this. I may have to find a quilter because it's a king-sized quilt and I'm unsure of whether my home machine will be able to tackle it.
9. 30's Raw Edge Circles Quilt - pieced and ready to be quilted. Another big quilt (queen-size) and hoping to tackle this myself. I really oughtta start with small projects, but I'm hard headed that way.
10.Western Many Scrappy Trips - Another monster quilt that I am working on. It's a Bonnie Hunter Pattern, but I first saw it on a sweet friend's blog here. I need 110 blocks. 48 are pieced.
11. Made in Cherry Quilt-Along - Joining in on the fun here. Still working on cutting the squares. I'll be using my vast collection of western fabrics.
12. Scrappy Granny Squares - This poor thing has been deserted, but the blocks I have made still make me happy so I vow to finish this in 2012. I've only made 10 blocks and yes, I will probably end up making it huge. What is it with me and big quilts?
13. 30's Irish Flower Garden - This one has been at Jackie's for a long time. She is learning how to custom quilt, but her customers (me included) aren't giving her any time to do that. This one has hexagon flowers appliqued in the spaces between the triple Irish Chains.
14. Everything from Carrie Nelson. :)
15. Patchwork Wool Quilt - hand quilting needed. Planned on working on this
before Christmas, but Christmas sewing took over.
16. Christmas Quilt - Bought a fat quarter pack of Countdown to Christmas on sale because I was fairly certain I would regret it if I didn't. Still need to settle on a pattern, but I'm so glad I grabbed this up.
17. Charlie Brown Christmas Quilt - should I even add this to the list? The fabric's not even out yet. I've already exceeded 12, but I saw a glimpse of it somewhere when people were posting about Quilt Market and it is a 'must have' in this house. See?
18. Ordered this book to make this quilt.
I am sure that baby quilts and various new projects will be thrown into the mix, but these are the projects that are currently in the hopper and vying for my attention. I am hoping that these will be completed by the end of the year which seems so very far away, but we all know better than that, don't we? If I don't get it all done, I can blame it on Carrie, right?