Have you heard this song?My List
I love lists, and I love this song, but today's list is about quilts so nothing as important as Toby's list although I have one of those too.
This list helps me stay focused on my quilting goals and hopefully keeps me from adding to my UFO collection. In fact, this year I want to finish every one of these projects. Don't all quilters say that every year?
This is my master list for the year and I'll break those into monthly goals...kind of like eating that proverbial elephant. :)
1. Chimneys and Cornerstones QOV - pieced this from leftover hst's from the ones I made last year although I had to make about 100 extra hsts. :) On it's way to Jackie's.
2. Scrap Jar Stars - finally settled on a backing. Ready to take this to Jackie too.
3. Made in Cherry - This one needs binding:
4. Bunny Hill Baby Quilt - this is a rail fence with diamonds pattern that I made from a tutorial over at MSQC. I whipped this together on the spur of the moment and don't think I even posted about it. It's ready for Jackie too - think she'll open the door when she sees me coming?
5. Bohemian Festival Baby Quilt - another one I just put together lickity split - I need to add a bit of applique and a border or two, and then I am going to attempt to quilt it myself.
7. Western Scrappy Trips - Oops! - more left over blocks. When I started making these, I didn't have the black fabric in the correct position to make a chain throughout the quilt so I am going to make a new plan and use these.
8. Granny Squares - this is YOUR year Granny!
9. Horse Strip Quilt - I played with this fabric about 3 years ago and never came to a decision about how to piece it so I am going to do something with it this year.
10. Portabello Market Quilt - I bought these fabrics when they came out - about 5 years ago? Started piecing something and then folded it away. Time to do something with it. It may need a complete overhaul.
11. Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt - working on some of those steps today:
12. Pony Tails - Haven't shared any of this one because it is one I pieced before I started posting about quilts. Needs custom quilting around the applique.
13. Irish Flower Garden - At Jackie's. Poor Jackie.
14. 30's Raw Edge Circle Quilt - Off to Prairie Moon Quilts in a bit.
16.3 R's Quilt - I love this pattern! It fits me to a T! This is a pattern from Shelly over at Prairie Moon Quilts. I made one block and the it was put on the back burner. Time to bring it to the front.
17. Wool Quilt - ready to baste and begin hand quilting
18. Let it Snow! Quilt - this is the one I finished two days ago and posted about.
This is a list of every, single UFO I had as of January 1st. I am determined to get these finished. Let's see how far that determination gets me this year. If this was all I had to do, I would have these whipped, but alas, my real life calls and I squeeze the quilting in where I can. Right now, my real life is telling me it is past my bedtime, and I would be wise to heed its call. :)