Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Special K Cookies

I imagine many of y'all already have these in your recipe file. I've been making them for over 26 years and I've lost count how many time I have made them. They are just about our boy's favorite cookies although if asked, I'm thinking he would be hard pressed to name a definite favorite. We are a family of cookie lovers.

                                         

It doesn't get much easier than these. You can make a ton, or at least as many as you have counter space for:


In my tiny kitchen, I don't have a lot. 

Special K Cookies

1 C sugar
1 C light Karo Syrup
1 1/2 C Peanut Butter
1 tsp vanilla
6 C Special K

*Combine the sugar and Karo Syrup in a large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add Peanut Butter. Mix well. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Stir in Special K, mixing until everything is combined well. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let sit for a few hours to set...or, if you're like DH, why wait?
                             


4 comments:

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I've never made them as cookies always put them in a cake pan and frost them with half choco chips and half butterscotch chops melted in microwave. I think I'll try your way! do they freeze well? lately I have been freezing the cookies and only take 2 out a day:)

Nancy said...

Thanks - I must try this recipe!

Pauline said...

Wow, that sounds wonderful! I've never seen this recipe. But I've made a dump truck full of "cowboy cookies." Will have to pick up a jar of almond butter and try it out next week. (Ken's allergic to peanuts!) Thanks Karin

Staci said...

sigh......yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...