Friday, March 16, 2018

Cows Around

Our girl shared this tune with me last year and I shared it with Shelly, from Prairie Moon Quilts via e-mail yesterday. I thought it summed things up rather nicely as to our lifestyle around here.


 Click on link to play. I tried to add the photo, but it wouldn't play.

                                           Cows Around

I wish I knew how to make a slideshow, but alas, I do not


so I just added a few photos to this post:

                              

I thought we ought to begin each Monday at the sale barn with this song, but alas, I don't think they took me seriously. But come to think of it, I have control of the microphone...but I would also like to keep my job. :)



Those of you that aren't surrounded by bovines on a daily basis will just shake your heads, but my ranching readers will understand, and hopefully it'll give all of you chuckle.



It's funny, but it's funny because there's a lot of truth in it!

                                           

 I'm so thankful we get to make a living this way



Thanks, Corb!

                         

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

We are not ranchers, but my grandpa kept a herd of cattle, and when I first moved to hubby's family farm there were a few head of cattle. I know just enough to know how true this song is. And it says it all so well! Loved it. :)

Sherrill said...

OH! That last picture..how adorable!!! And what's wrong with the one that looks like it drooling big time? I don't have to take care of them, but there's a small herd around the corner with a few longhorns. Love to see them as I drive by.

Nancy said...

Those calves are adorable, Karin! So about the song -- who knew that cows could be such a challenge. My niece once commented that she loves cows because they are such gentle, peaceful animals. But maybe not all the time? It sounds like a song that your place of employment could choose as a theme song. (But it wouldn't cause first-time buyers to have second thoughts, would it?)

To add a youtube video (with image), at youtube there's a little "share" tab below the video. Click on that and choose "embed" then copy that code and add it to blogger as html. I have no idea how to do a slideshow, though.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That's the best song - who else will get out when you don't shut the gate ( or something like that) Love your photos!

Shelly said...

I love it! As we just discussed in the truck on the way home from town tonight all the thousands of dollars worth of repairs and fences and feed and hay we will need over the next couple seasons -- it never ends! But we love it just the same.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...