Monday, March 26, 2018

Under the Needle

As busy as things are around here right now, I've managed to move a few projects forward in my sewing room these past 2 weeks. On Ringo Lake is pieced and now officially a top:


I love the brown scrappy border. It'll be a while before I get it quilted, but our little peach bush (yes, it is just a bush - the tree died, but it is coming up in another spot ) is in bloom and I wanted to catch a photo of it before the winds strip it of it's pretty flowers:


The wasps were out in full force


After the winds get done, there won't be any blooms left and once again we will be left peachless.

I also made all 168 HSTs for Sequoia and trimmed them up



Making a copy of the photo in the book was incredibly helpful in keeping things in order and it kept me from turning blocks around. I didn't have to bring the stitch ripper out even one time with this method:

                                              

As I pieced the blocks into rows

                           

and then into a top

                                          

I am looking for something for the back.

I also needed a baby quilt and bought this fabric (the dot is from my stash) when I made my trip to Texas a few weeks ago:

                                   

This pattern, called Petal Power, caught my eye

                        

It didn't take long to piece the blocks

                                         

I hope to get it to Jackie today, but I neglected to get a shot of the full top before heading out this morning.

 And the binding on this little quilt ought to be finished this week



13 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

You've been busy on many fronts! Very clever to use the copy of the quilt to keep track of the blocks and rows as sewing. I'm going to steal that idea. The daisy and bee fabric is adorable - can't wait to see a photo of the full quilt top.

juliehallfeldhaus said...

I love all your quilts! I have a couple at the quilters but one I can't show til after Christmas!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Look at you go!!! your ORL is awesome!! ( mines still in pieces in a bucket) and Wow!! the teal black quilt is awesome!!! I think this is why you don't sleep at night ;-)

Janet O. said...

However have you fit all this in with your busy ranch life??
Petal Power is really clever.
Love the bee fabric. :)

Shelly said...

That's quite a bit to get done, considering how busy you've been! Too bad the wind will destroy the peach blossoms, and there's no way to protect them. I like your version of On Ringo Lake -- it turned out great!

Ann said...

I have always heard " If you want something to get done, give it to a busy person." You certainly prove that point. lol

Sherrill said...

Love your Ringo and Sequoia and what an adorable baby quilt! Poor peach bush..no peaches. That's sad.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I put you in the prolific category!! Love the outdoor shots and hope the wind leaves you a few blossoms to become mouth watering, juice dripping down the chin peaches!!

Chantal said...

Love your rendition of On Ringo Lake. I love that you didn't use the sashing but it ended up in the inner border. Great call. I love it. Mine is still in pieces. :( Love Sequoia too. How big are those HSTs please? Also love Petal Power quilt. So cute! Gosh! I love everything in your post. Great job. ;^)

Dar said...

WOW. I like all your eye candy in this post. The Petal Power block looks like a fun, easy block to make. Your On Ringo Lake is stunning. That last pieced border you added really is neat and makes this a very big size, doesn't it? Nice finish!

Pauline said...

Very nice! You did a fantastic job on Ringo. Is it a keeper or is it already spoken for? Great idea to put minky on the back of a baby quilt. I just might copy that idea. Keep up the great work!

Dorian said...

Yah Karin, glad you've gotten some sewing in. On Ringo pond came out great, I love your colors! I also love Sequoia and the colors for it, great job. The flower quilt is really cute too. Yah for you!!

Anonymous said...

I love following your blog - you make me feel less busy just by comparison. I just starting quilting (63 yrs old) and have always enjoyed your quilt photos. You are an inspiration. If I ever travel to your part of the country/state I would love to drop in and visit. Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...