Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Weekend

I hope everyone enjoyed a blessed Easter. I am so thankful that we had a houseful. Our girl came home on Thursday evening and saddled up with the crew early Friday morning for our first day of branding:


No photos from the branding pen as they didn't brand here at the house and I was busy cleaning up from breakfast, fixing dinner, and working in the yard, but there'll be plenty of opportunity later this spring.

Skeet was glad to be reunited with Harvey and we were introduced to the newest addition to the family, Huckleberry Hound:


Yep, Our girl thought Harvey needed a buddy.


Skeet was so good with him:


On Saturday, our girl and I made a trip to town to see the show "I Can Only Imagine." Mercy Me is her favorite band and this particular song has been a favorite of mine for 20 years. Thing is, I am so moved by it that I can't listen to it. I cry every time I hear it. This time was no different. We were both emotionally drained when we walked out of the theater, but I highly recommend it.

My faith is very important to me. It's not about religion for me. It's about a relationship with my Lord and Savior. And I think that's a very personal thing. I'm not much of a churchgoer. I've attended church in the past and been a part of some amazing bible studies, but ya'll know I don't make trips to town. I listen to our pastor's services via streaming. I know fellowship is important, but I feel like fellowship is a part of all of my closest friendships. And honestly, praising God is a part of my daily life out here


A dear friend recommended a good bible study last week that I began today.


Thanks, M. You're always a great source of scripturally sound reading material.

Our boy drove in on Saturday and egg coloring ensued:


my in-laws arrived on Sunday




 met the new law in town:


And the hunt was on!

                                   

I cooked a ham and DH fired up his smoker, filling it with 60 quail that we wrapped with bacon and jalapeno:

                            

Our resident artist provided us with a gallery of treasures:

                                             

In between bull riding rounds:

                                      

Everyone pulled out between 2 and 3 on Sunday and the house was too quiet once again. I commenced to washing loads of bedding and towels, but I only stayed up long enough to make sure everyone made it back home safely.

I sent leftovers home with everyone, but our fridge is still full which means leftovers are on the menu for the next few days. I've got a crew to cook for again on Wednesday, but until then, I'm claiming this area a no cooking zone.

May the joy of family and friends and the celebration of the empty tomb be with you and yours.


                                          

9 comments:

Sherrill said...

Looks like you had a wonderful, memorable Easter! Sounds like a good time was had by all! I'm going to see that movie; I LOVE Mercy Me! I saw Paul the Apostle last week and also want to see God's Not Dead (3?). The guy that wrote the book(s) has preached at the church I listen to online (the pastor has been preaching an AMAZING series the past few weeks). You probably need a nap or three before Wed.! HA

Norece said...

Thanks for the sharing your friend's Bible study suggestion - I just ordered it. I am not much for religions either and loved how you described your spiritual life. Thank you for that insight...

Tired Teacher said...

Fun times! Huckleberry has such a sweet and yet forlorn face. I chuckled when I saw "the new law" in ten. Kids ❤️ big boots!

Pauline said...

Great post! I loved reading about your activities.

Donna said...

What a wonderful Easter you enjoyed! Love the pictures of the pups and your grandson!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Awww what a wonderful weekend - and your photos! So amazing. Your description of faith - spot on girlfriend!! Love you and yours!!!

juliehallfeldhaus said...

Looks like blessings and fun!! They go together:) Love that new pup too!

Judy said...

It’s wonderful to have family around. I’m so thankful for you. Have a good week.

Ruth said...

Oh, that first picture of the cowboys in chaps on their horses, sitting on the skyline!! If anyone ever asks me are there any cowboys left on the prairies, I can say YES, There ARE cowboys working the prairies! (I was going to say, "working them prairies," but thought that might be a bit much.)
Religion is a very personal thing, and loving God, our neighbors and ourselves is a major part.
Thanks for the pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...