Wednesday, April 4, 2018

First Finish...Finally

My family thinks all I ever do is make quilts. Granted, there are a lot of quilts in our home and I give a lot of quilts away, but I don't sew ALL the time. Case in point. Everyone has clean clothes to wear. Everyone is always fed...the 2-legged ones as well as the 4-legged ones. The house is clean...mostly. Grin. All town errands have been tended to. The yard and garden is ready for spring. Cattle at the sale barn are all weighed and in their right pens...I hope. And it is April 4 and I am just now posting about my first quilt finish for the year:



It's just a simple little strip quilt for a little boy who was in the hospital fighting pneumonia. I found this little dinosaur print years ago...I seem to recall I found it at Walmart. It was just too cute to not bring home then and it's still cute now:


Simple square in a square blocks seem to be my go-to default when I want to showcase a fun novelty print:


                             

I just pulled everything from my stash and backed it with a gray minky and bound it with a solid navy and as usual, Jackie's quilting is the star if the show:

                            

At 40 x 45, it's just right for a little one to snuggle beneath.

                                       

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Such a lovely little quilt, with al the work done at house and farm it’s a wonder you got this finished.

Judy said...

I think you work very hard. Your quilt looks very pretty. I always wonder about ranchers and if they ever retire. You spend your life ranching, and quilting has always been a part of that life. I have family waiting for Quilts. Sometimes I wish I was single and could sew to my hearts content. But we know that’s not real life, so we do the best we can. You have a lot to do and it’s nice to have a little sewing time.

Tired Teacher said...

It's adorable! This quilt is going to knock the socks off of that little boy.

Janet O. said...

You have made a great way to showcase a cute fabric, and add some visual interest without spending a month piecing blocks. I think this is very cute!
I don't think all you do is quilt--I am amazed you find ANY time for quilting, with everything else you do!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful quilt--snuggling under this quilt will help him feel all better

Pauline said...

Buying fabric you like is a smart move. Adorable quilt and I love the accent squares. Whoever thought or thinks you don't do anything but quilt should be ashamed. You're the busiest, most productive person I know!

Dorian said...

Yah on your first finish of the year. What a cute quilt it is too!

Dar said...

Very cute. It looks so much bigger than your dimensions. I was going to ask how much focus fabric you had to buy, but maybe a yard would do it?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Just your first paragraph wore me out - ha ha! Cute quilt!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...