Monday, April 30, 2018

Starting the Week Off Right!

I survived the grocery store and Sam's on Saturday:


 And started cooking on Sunday. And no, the milk bones are not on the menu. :)
 I also needed to give the bunkhouse a lick and a promise. Alas, no water did flow and DH ended up spending his Sunday morning plumbing

                         

and cleaning out tree roots from the septic tank. Oh what fun! So, you wanna be a rancher?

                                      

I see a lot of amazing photos posted about ranch life and I love looking at and taking those kinds of photos, but let me introduce you to ranch life reality. Plumbers don't work on Sundays, but ranchers do.

                           

One of the crew showed up in the afternoon and not long after it started to rain:


I'm telling you, that is the sweetest sound in the world and I am certain that heaven is going to smell like sweet rain falling on a parched desert.

It didn't last long, but it washed the dust off of everything. I told Flint he was my new favorite person and that if he was going to bring rain, we were holding him hostage all summer.

                             

I'm going to entice him with cinnamon rolls and bribe him with buttermilk pie.

I am headed to work this morning. The boys have been fed breakfast and the dear wife at North Camp is feeding them dinner.

Last night I fixed chicken fajitas and we'll have leftovers tonight. Yes, chicken. It is a quick meal for me to throw together and the boys will get beef all week so don't judge me. -Grin-

Long week ahead, but as long as everyone stays safe, it'll be a good one and the little shower was just the perfect way to begin it!

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Yes, indeed, ranchers are hard-working souls! Glad to hear that it rained for a bit: I hope it's a harbinger of a wonderful week.

Janet O. said...

I love the sound of rain on any roof, so I really could appreciate your video clip. Glad you got some rain!
Ranching is no picnic, but what a rich life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...