Thursday, August 30, 2018

Woodland Critters Baby Quilt

Finally! After all of my indecision last week, I settled on a design for this baby quilt using this fabric:
                             

I cut more squares:


Whipped up some HSTs:


Turned them into QSTs:


and pieced the top center:


I was in town for our Quilt Squad meeting and I took it to Jackie. I had called her on Friday and asked if I could drop of a quilt on Saturday. She said , "Of course!"

I replied, "Well then I had better go make it!" She laughed. She is such a dear lady. I rarely ask for a quilt to be rushed out, but I asked if I could have it 9 days later. She said she'd have it for me in 2 days.

I told her I didn't need it THAT fast and I went to my meeting. I heard from her 2 hours later. My quilt was ready. This time I was the one who laughed. More laughter ensued when I shared my story and how I had 2 more tops sitting at home.

I love this brown gingham:



The sun was out in full force when I went to take pictures, but I love the texture and movement the quilting  gave it


After a trip through the wash, it finished at 40" x 40"


I'm telling you - she's a gem. She and her daughter make a crack-shot team.They quilted it with these rambling leaves in a green thread that are once again, perfect:

                             

I backed it with the same focus fabric because my mom just loved it and asked me to use it on the back and I bound it in the brown gingham:

                                            

It took me longer to bind it than it did for her to quilt it, but I finished it on Wednesday and sent it off to my Mom on Thursday.

It arrived on Saturday and I received a phone call as soon as she opened it. She was SO tickled with it.

                              

Now I've got to finish off the other 2 I pieced during my indecisive phase. I generally don't work this way, but I think I was feeling the need to get this just right since my mom was the one giving it as a gift. I hope it will be well received and loved. Thankfully, babies are not that picky. 😉

9 comments:

Dorian said...

Great job Karin! I like your final design and I'm sure baby will love it :)

Donna said...

What an adorable baby quilt!!! I love the colors!!! Mom and baby will love it!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That turned out so great - and wow - you better bake Jackie some brownies -ha ha

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! Jackie definitely knows her stuff: the quilting accents the design well. I love the brown gingham fabric, too.

Sherrill said...

If it WAS a picky baby, he/she would LOVE it! Too cute!

Christy said...

What size squares did you start out with? So cute!!

Margaret said...

That is absolutely perfect!

agent713 said...

Super cute! The leaves are perfect and all of that fabric is adorable. Love it!

Janet O. said...

You are the best source for inspiration for fun baby quilts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...