Saturday, September 1, 2018

M & M Cookies

I have cut back on baking A LOT since the kids left home. DH and I no longer have the metabolism of 20-yr olds and we do not need batches of temptation lying around. However, when carpenters and service people and delivery folks and county road workers and UPS men and family descend, my oven will be busy baking cookies.


 Last week it was M & M Cookies:


I found this recipe years ago online and when I just now searched for it, I found it HERE

I don't often bake with shortening, but these really are SO good and a treat so once in a blue moon I make them.

M & M Cookies

1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 C shortening
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 C M & Ms

*Thoroughly mix brown sugar, sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in M & Ms. Drop onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

                             

4 comments:

ASouthernQuiltersJoy said...

Just curious, is the "shortening" butter or solid Crisco? Thanks for the info.

Annie said...

Cookie recipe looks promising! How many does it make? Thanks.

Judy Laquidara said...

Those look so good! I'm not going to make them . . at least not til I see Addie again.

Anonymous said...

Shortening is Crisco

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...