Saturday, September 29, 2018

Twice Baked Potato Heaven

I made this dish for my cowboy crew on Tuesday and realized I hadn't shared it with ya'll. I've never met a potato I didn't like and my waistline can attest to that. I have cut back on them a lot, but I will bring out the good stuff for family gatherings, holidays, and my boys, aka: the crew...and ya'll.



I think this recipe came from a magazine...probably a Taste of Home issue, but it's written on a recipe card in my favorite recipe binder and if you like potatoes, this one is a good one.


Twice Baked Potato Heaven

5# potatoes, peeled, cut and cooked
1/2 C butter
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 C sour cream
10 slices bacon, cooked and diced
2 C shredded cheese
1/4 C green onions, diced
salt and pepper

*Drain your potatoes. Add butter and beat as if you are making mashed potatoes. Add cream cheese and continue mixing. Add sour cream, pepper, salt. Stir in 3/4 of the bacon, 3/4 of the cheese, and the green onions. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. Dig in!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Oh yum!! I'll be copying this one down. And I have to tell you that I often say I've never met a potato I didn't like, too!!

Granny said...

Thank you! We're grilling tonight and I didn't want baked potatoes again and I didn't want potato salad. I know what I'm fixing!

momto1 said...

This looks so much easier than those individual serving stuffed potatoes. I may have to try these next time the family's here! Thanks for the recipe!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I know what we are having with our grilled chicken tonight!!! Thanks, Karin!!

Susan said...

Oh that sounds SO good. I'm going to have to get more potatoes next week and try it out. Thank you!

Sherrill said...

What do you cook these in? A 13X9 casserole or other? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...