Monday, September 3, 2018

Paw Patrol Quilt

When I was looking for a post of a quilt, I realized that I never did share this one. This was the last quilt I made last year and with the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, I just plumb forgot.  I made it for a special little fella at Christmas:

                               

I think he likes it:

                                        

He's a big fan of Paw Patrol and when I saw this fabric at Hobby Lobby, I knew it would make a great quilt to add under the Christmas tree so I pulled coordinating fabrics from my stash:

                                          

I've had this pattern pinned for quite some time and finally got one made. This is a simple disappearing 9-patch. I like the fact that you can showcase a special fabric or make it scrappy and it was the perfect pattern for putting this novelty fabric front and center:

                                         

This is the quilt I quilted when my friend, C, offered to show me how to use her new long arm.

                                 

I learned so much...like it's not a good idea to keep a death grip on the handles or to lock your knees because you might get dizzy:
                                             

I was cutting it close, but got it trimmed and bound a few days before Christmas:

                           

My quilting leaves a lot of be desired, but  I'm happy with my maiden voyage on a long arm. Thank you for showing me the ropes, C! T loves the quilt and he doesn't complain about the bobbles in the quilting:

                                       

I hope it continues to be snuggled and loved, just like the little boy that it belongs to:


 I backed it with a gray Minky for added snug-ability and added red binding:

                          

It finishes at 48" x 60"

                                       

6 comments:

KaHolly said...

Perfect little quilt to delight a little boy and to practice on a longarm. It’s quite different from FMQing on a domestic, isn’t it!? The disappearing Nine Patch certainly has its place! Looks great in your layout. 9ne year I used a collection of 6” pieced blocks in the mix and it came out spectacular!

Donna said...

Cute quilt and your quilting looks great especially for your first time! Who doesn't love a quilt backed in minky?

Tired Teacher said...

Nice job. The DNP looks fabulous with those fabrics: I can see why the little guy loves it so much.

Anonymous said...

Do I see a long arm machine in your future? LOL shelljo

Janet O. said...

That is a nice pattern to feature a fun print.
You did well with your longarm quilting. I have tried a machine at a local shop, and my first attempts were not worthy of being on anybody's quilt. :)

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Good for you for giving long arm quilting a go! Sure looks good to me! Isn't it fun to give a quilt to someone you know is going to love it literally to pieces?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...