Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Crock-Pot Pizza

It's been a while since I've shared a recipe, but we're veering into branding season around here and the topic of conversation is turning towards recipes. My coworker / friend and I are both addicted to quilting, but we are also both ranch wives that often find ourselves cooking for a crew - thus recipes are also frequent topics of conversation. On Monday, I  mentioned that I was planning on making this and she said, "Send that to me". I told her I'd post it here. So, here you go, C! 😊


I've been making this recipe for a coon's age. It's filling and inexpensive and it feeds a growing family well. I'm fairly certain it came from a Taste of Home issue. However, I haven't made it for a crew in years, but today I had to make dinner, bake bread, and dessert, and leave the house at 9:30 (after serving breakfast at 5:30) - drive 40 minutes to pick up the crew and their horses, and 40 minutes back, and have dinner ready. So a crock-pot meal helped me pull it all together. C - double this for your men, but I only had 6 today. Still, they cleaned out the Crock-Pot.


Crock-Pot Pizza

1 pkg (12 oz) egg noodles
2# ground beef
1 chopped onion
pepper - seasoned salt - granulated garlic (or fresh minced garlic)
28 oz spaghetti sauce
A handful of chopped mushrooms (the original recipe called for a can)
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
4 oz sliced pepperoni, halved
1 chopped green pepper
3 C shredded mozzarella
3 C shredded cheddar cheese
Red Pepper Flakes - I just keep this on the table and folks can shake to their content

*Cook noodles to al dente - drain and set aside. In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper - season with pepper, seasoned salt, and granulated garlic. Stir in spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning. Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce, 1/3 of your noodles, 1/3 of both cheeses. Repeat layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese has melted.

                           

I served it with rolls, green beans, and a salad. Apple Crisp and Ice cream for dessert.

                           

DH and I have been cutting down on carbs around here, but that won't fly and all bets are off when I've got a crew of hardworking cowboys to feed. 😉

4 comments:

Sherrill said...

I know your cowboys really eat good and I know they appreciate all the effort you put in to provide them a great-tasting meal after their hard work!! Looks and sounds GREAT!!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

A great recipe for me to use when the family shows up to ride side by sides and 4 wheelers. It can cook while we play!! Thanks!!!

Shelly said...

If cowboys like this, I need to try it on My Cowboy -- he is such a picky eater. I already know I'll have to leave out the mushrooms in his, but I'm adding these ingredients to my grocery list today. I'm always looking for low-effort meals, because the interruptions around here are rampant! Thanks for sharing this.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hard working cowboys branding cattle can work off those carbs and calories--am sure they enjoyed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...