Monday, April 22, 2019

Cherry Salad

I have another treasured family recipe to share today. This is one of the first recipes I inherited from my MIL and SIL when DH and I were married. I married into a family of great cooks. I love new recipes, but it's hard to beat the ones that evoke wonderful memories of family gatherings over the years. I made this as an Easter dinner side dish yesterday and realized I hadn't posted it. It doesn't get much easier than this


Cherry Salad

1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 8 oz container Cool Whip
1 can Fruit Cocktail, drained
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
2 bananas, sliced
mini marshmallows

Stir cherry pie filling and dry vanilla pudding in a large bowl  until well combined. Stir in Cool Whip, fruit cocktail, pineapple tidbits, bananas, and a handful of mini marshmallows. Refrigerate. Dig in!




3 comments:

Pauline said...

Yum! I L♥ve your recipes and this sounds like a big winnier. I'll have to make it for this week end. We're having a church social and I'd planned to make and take corn pudding, but your cherry salad sounds much better!
Thanks Karin!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Family recipes are the best and eating them will always evolve sweet memories

Scrapatches said...

mmmm ... that looks good ... thank you for sharing ... :-) Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...