Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Under the Needle: April

I had a difficult time staying focused this month. Much of it was spent in the kitchen, thus, this post is a mixed bag of simple quilts and fabrics that have found their way under the needle throughout April.

I bound this little baby quilt


And that's my one and only finish for April. I made the blocks and pieced this top using the last of my Farmers Market FQs


I've had the piece on the right for a long time and I was tickled when I unearthed it because it's perfect for the backing. However. it's not big enough so I'm working on a plan that will somehow incorporate these fabrics:


I cut and pieced this  simple little gingham quilt one afternoon:


I'm not sure the fabrics work together, but I tried several and this was the best of the lot so I just went with it. I really like the sweet simplicity of gingham so I pieced 3 others with fabric in my stash:


I also pieced my little farmhouse patchwork quilt:


Lots of quick, simple stitching in 10 and 15 minute increments. Sometimes, when life gets busy, I just need to feed fabric under the needle.

9 comments:

sandi s said...

You’ve done great! I love your simple little quilts and those are the kind I like to make just to spend some time sewing. Hugs,

Donna said...

I love your little quilts! Sometimes nothing beats a four patch quilt! Simple and easy to make but still so cute!

Tired Teacher said...

Fun, fun fabrics in the little quilts!

Shelly said...

That's a lot!

Sherrill said...

Oh my GOSH!! I can't believe you got all that done while cooking for cowboys, having fun with your daughter and all things ranch related. I haven't TOUCHED my machine all month. good grief....

Jennie in GA said...

You have accomplished quite a lot!! Good for you.

Nancy said...

Your one and only finish for April is so beautiful, Karin. I love the soft pinks with cream. Some baby will be very blessed to be cuddled in this quilt! How large are the squares?
You've got several other delightful quilts on the go, too. Yes, sometimes we just need something simple to sew without having to think about what we're doing. Simple progress!

Janet O. said...

A sweet finish and so many cute tops. As busy as you are, I wonder where you find the 10 to 15 minute increments!

Dorian said...

Great piecing Karin. Such sweet little quilts. And so satisfying! Being able to get some piecing in here and there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...