Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Here a Goose, There a Goose...


                              

Everywhere a goose, goose...

 

I've been collecting blues for a quilt for our boy for some time. Finding them has been a challenge, but I think I finally have a good selection. I have a large bin of blues, but most of them are tone on tone and I'll incorporate some of those, but I felt like the quilt was going to need some more lively geese.


And then I hemmed and hawed over a background fabric. I knew I didn't want white, but gray was definitely a possibility. It just had to be the right gray. Sigh. I had a couple of yards of this and I finally settled on it:


It's a Robert Kaufman, Architexture. Then I waited for inspiration to strike. Finally, it did, in the form of this:


There's no pattern and I contacted the blogger, but as of yet, I haven't received a reply. So my handy, dandy graph paper and I started sketching things out. Then I put rotary cutter to fabric and stitched up some blocks. I love the movement in this quilt and I hope the background I chose will not be too stark, yet showcase the fabrics.

                                

And then things went awry. Flying geese quilts began to pop up on my radar and I found myself changing directions. Second guessing myself. Playing with other options. Digging through more ideas. Making more geese. This is so silly. So geese construction continues and who knows where they're going to land.


And no, the birds in the above photo are not geese. Humor me. 😉 But I did take it.



8 comments:

Dorian said...

Oh my Karin, that is a LOT of geese! I really like the movement in that quilt too. And your geese are looking really good. Have fun, however you decide to put them together.

Anonymous said...

Don't fret about your quilt. It will turn out perfect. You are super woman who tackles everything and it comes out GREAT! That's why I enjoy your blog so...I guess all except the cooking. It looks good too but I am trying to retire from that. Can't wait to see how the quilt turns out.

Joy said...

Love the goose goose quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE it!!! What a great quilt!! and great blues!!

Tired Teacher said...

I think you found the perfect inspiration and background fabric. Eager to see how this quilt comes together.

Sherrill said...

However they do it, it's gonna be a beautiful landing!! Love it!

Judy said...

I’m so happy you enjoy making geese! It will be pretty. My least favorite block is the geese! I have 5 specialized rulers and I still dislike them, very much. I like to have at least 5/8 at the top to make sure I get a quarter. I look forward to yours

Chantal said...

I love the design you picked. You have quite a lot done already. Looking good already. Enjoy! ;^)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...