Monday, July 29, 2019

Perfect Potato Salad

My mom has a really good German potato salad that I love that uses Italian Dressing. My MIL's potato salad is a family favorite too. It's mayo based. Of course, I never met a potato I didn't like and when this recipe popped up in my Pinterest page, I thought I'd give it a shot.


One note: the original recipe calls for Famous Dave's Signature Spicy Pickle Relish. It's not available here so I just used a regular dill pickle relish. Jen has a great post with lots of tips for making this Kicked Up Potato Salad. I've added her link below. As always, I'm just posting it here so that it'll be handy for my friends and family. I can always put my finger on it if I've posted about it. 😉

Carlsbad Cravings Potato Salad

Salad
3 lbs Yukon gold or white potatoes
1 Tbsp salt
1/4 C dill pickle relish
6 green onions, diced
1 C chopped celery
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Dressing
1 C mayo
1/2 C sour cream
1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper

*Cook potatoes, adding salt when water comes to a boil. Do not overcook. Refrigerate overnight or until cool. Peel and cube. Mix all dressing ingredients in same bowl you will add your potatoes.Stir in relish, green onions, celery and eggs. Chill overnight. Stir in bacon. Add additional salt and pepper.

Potato Salad isn't DH's favorite, but he really liked this and I found him digging into it more than a few times. That makes it a keeper and earns it a spot in my favorite recipes book.

                                 

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Now I want to go make potato salad. YUM!

Violet said...

Looks delicious. Sometimes when I'm making egg or potato salad, I'll add some minced jalapeno and a little of the juice from the jalapeno jar. Gives it a nice kick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...