Thursday, August 1, 2019

Under the Needle: July

This month was fairly quiet on the sewing front. It may have something to do with the heat. You would think 100+ temps would drive one inside to sew, but who wants to sit next to a hot iron when it's 108° - not me! The heat's broken now, still 100°, but it put a damper on my sewing productivity. And the mornings are too nice to be inside. I fix breakfast for DH and head out the door with Skeet for our 5 mile excursion most mornings. Some mornings it's just 4 and then I'll sneak in another 2 in the evening. It's generally in the high 60's when we leave the house, but it warms up fast and it's been more humid than usual so tongues are hanging out a little longer than usual by the time we wrap things up:


We've had company and made a few road trips. With the recent rains, even ranch life has slowed down. We did work cattle for 4 days and I cooked and I've spent lots of time behind the lawn mower and the weed eater.

Still, I did manage to piece this quilt top early in the month:


And add to my pile of flying geese for the quilt for our boy


I made an apron with my Quilt Squad gals one Saturday for an event in December:


And yesterday I began a new project that uses up the leftover blues from the goose quilt:


But, alas, I have no quilt finishes to share this month. 😞

7 comments:

Dorian said...

Glad you're finding some quilty time Karin. WOW, you walk a lot! It's nice to have the space to do so in, huh?! Have a great day.

Tired Teacher said...

You accomplished more than I did in July, and it wasn't even close to 100° here.

Sherrill said...

You sure managed to pack in a lot of other stuff to make up for the lack of an actual quilt finish!! Good that you had a 'slow' month. HA

Shelly said...

Still, that's a lot to get done! What with everything else you do, I don't know how you find any sewing time at all.

Robin said...

I love pinwheels. Your projects are so fresh looking. I like them a lot.

Ruth said...

That pinwheel quilt looks so fresh!! The blocks seem to be close to 12"? I'd like to know the block size, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I really enjoy hearing about the different things you do. Plain "quilting blogs" are a bit boring.

Violet said...

That definitely looks like the road less traveled...my favorite place. Here in Florida we wake up and it's 85 degrees and we go to bed at midnight and it's 85 degrees. No cooling down here until October! Love your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...