Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Rise and Shine

I'm rising, but the shining is a struggle. 😊1.5 days down. 2.5 to go. Last night I told DH that we hadn't even begun and I was already tired. His reply? "Remember when this used to be fun?" LOL. Our perception has changed with age. Even though I know that alarm is going to go off at 2:30, it is a rude awakening when it does:


Crazy hours. After breakfast, I rinsed off the dishes right quick and set them in soapy water before heading out to haul the boys to the east side. I was gone for almost an hour and a half and it was too dark to take pictures until I turned back in to headquarters:


I probably shouldn't try to buy $300 worth of groceries after work, but ya'll know how much I avoid trips to town and I was loath to give up my Sunday for groceries, so groceries after work it was.


Biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage, jams and honey and fruit were yesterday's breakfast offerings. Taco Lasagna, corn, taquitos, salsa, and salad with peach cobbler and ice cream for dinner and dessert.

I'm trying a new dessert today. Arkansas Possum Pie and yes, it was the name that caught my attention and made me want to try it. I'll be back in a few days with the review from the crew:


I'm headed back into the kitchen to mix up a batch of cookies. We've got fellas coming out this afternoon to meet with DH and cookies are always an easy, portable treat with a glass of tea.


6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ah, ranch life...

Tired Teacher said...

Getting up at 2:30 would be a rude awakening. I'd be dead on my feet by 10AM.

Dorian said...

Goooood morning Karin :) I hope your day is full of all good things. Lovely your photos, enjoy the quiet, once the men are gone.

Sherrill said...

GOLLY! You feed them boys good EVERY SINGLE TIME!! Don't know how you do it though..I'd be one of those walking dead! HA

Michigan Gal said...

I looked up the possum pie recipe and it sounds wonderful! You can’t beat chocolate and cream. 😍

Ruth said...

That last picture of your chocolate chip cookie dough looks delicious! The last time I made chocolate chip cookies, I used the mini morsels. Totally different cookies. Very light and crumbly. Not very chocolate-y. I baked one panful and froze the rest of the dough. Gave my husband permission to snack on it, but he doesn't like it much. So I'm helping him out on that task...but I'm not going to buy mini morsels any more!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...