Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Closing Out Another Year

With a houseful over Christmas, there just wasn't time to pop in with a Christmas post, but I hope ya'll all were blessed during the holiday. I know that Christmas is hard for so many folks, but I hope that you were all able to find something that  brought you joy and peace. I know that for me, it's my faith in the Risen Christ that I cling to when life gets hard. Correction: every day. Every. Single. Day.

My mom was here for 8 days and the kids are home so life has been busy. DH's folks came for Christmas day, but the family shot is on my mom's camera. I wasn't very good about taking pictures this time around, but here's a peek


into Christmas 2019 - a gag gift for our hound dog collector from a friend of my mom's


A set of pots and pans to replace the broke-college-student kitchen ware


A quilt for our boy


Multiple rounds of Cribbage were played


Christmas traditions were savored:


Our annual puzzle was pieced:


Although, it seems that DH and I are the puzzle enthusiasts in the family. Funny thing is, we have no desire to do them any other time of the year, but he and I will be consumed with puzzle-itis for these 2 days:


The rest of the family will not go hungry as there are enough leftovers stashed in the fridge to keep tummies from grumbling while we piece. Hound dogs were primed and ready for adventure:


And snuggles when the day had been conquered:


Feed runs and quail chasing means time spent in the pickup. I love this shot our girl took one day:


Christmas has been dismantled and stashed away in the shed until next time, when I will once again bemoan the fact that the year flew by too fast.


 DH turned the calendar on another year as well. No birthday cake this year. He said we've indulged enough and that it was time to return to our regularly scheduled program.


I hope that includes a nap!


As the sun sets on the last day of 2019


I want to wish ya'll a New Year filled with all the things that bring you joy - may you be safe, happy, healthy and blessed in the coming year.

8 comments:

Sherrill said...

I know you guys all had a great time together..so awesome. We used to have get-togethers like that. This Christmas was best when it was over.

Dorian said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Karin. So glad your family was able to join you. In my teen years, my Dad and I always had a puzzle out on a special table. We would put in pieces here and there, sometimes sit at the table after dinner and piece and chat :) My dh turned another year right after Christmas too! What day did yours? Have a wonderful New Year!!

Chantal said...

Wonderful post. it's the first year I didn't set up a puzzle. Most be a secret tradition of some kind. Wishing you all the best for the New Year. ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy New Year - and so glad you had a Merry Christmas!!! Hugs to you!!

Tired Teacher said...

Always fun to have lots of family and the activity that surrounds their visit. Love the critter photos - the kitten is adorable. Happy New Year!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lovely Holiday update! Daughter snuggling dog tied with peek-a-boo kitten for the cutest photo EVER. Wishing you a Quilty New Year!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Happy New Year, Karin! Love the photos of your family enjoying each other. The kitty looking through the branches is the cutest thing ever!

Shelly said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2020!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...