Thursday, August 13, 2020

Instant Pot Barbecue Swiss Steak

Chiming in with another recipe I want to share with ya'll today. If you don't have an Instant Pot, I'm sure this will work just as well in a crock pot )although you'll have to cook it longer) or in a regular saute pan. The crew loved this when I made it a few weeks ago. As usual, I made a few changes. The original recipe calls for diced tomatoes and I tossed in a can of Rotel instead and I added some Worcestershire. I can hear ya'll saying, : Of course she did! 😄Those of you that read here on a regular basis know we like to spice things up in the kitchen. 😉And I increased the meat to 2#.


 Here's a link to the original recipe: Instant Pot Barbecue Swiss Steak

                            

Instant Pot Barbecue Swiss Steak

2# tenderized round steak
3 Tbsp butter
A couple of good shakes of Worcestershire
1 can Rotel
1 diced onion
1 diced green pepper
1 1/4 C Barbecue Sauce (I used Stubbs)
Salt & Pepper & Granulated Garlic

*Cut round steak into thin slices. Season with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. Saute in melted butter in bottom of Instant Pot for a few minutes in small batches. Shake in some Worcestershire. Remove to platter. Add onions and peppers. Saute for a minute or two. Add meat back to pot. Give it a quick stir. Pour Rotel and Barbecue Sauce over top. Seal lid. Cook for 20 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then turn to quick release.

I served it over mashed potatoes with green beans, a salad, and homemade rolls.

                                

We all loved this and I added it to my favorites cookbook. I love that I can toss this in the Instant Pot and go mow or make a circle with DH and come back to a hot meal at noon.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Mmmmm. I'll bet you could use pork chops or chicken with that sauce? I think
this will be supper tonight. Thanks Karin!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

You make me so hungry with your recipes and great photos!!! Now, I have to dig in the freezer and get ingredients ready for this recipe! I really do appreciate you posting recipes. I get bogged down with the same o, same o. Thanks for the recipe and really enjoy your day!! I’m hoping to be in the sewing room after canning carrots and finishing the second batch of peach butter. It’s drizzling, so a pleasant day to put up garden produce.

Judy Laquidara said...

That looks delicious! I'm going to try it soon. Thanks!

Janet O. said...

This does sound yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...