Monday, October 19, 2020

Buckaroo Cross Quilt

 I've had these fabrics for quite a few years. I'm pretty sure I bought them online at some point and 2 years ago I decided it was time to get them into a quilt. 

I settled on a Plus or Cross quilt because I've never seen one I didn't like. I paired it with this wood fabric from my stash 


thinking it'd make the crosses look like they were hanging on a barn wall:

I cut 5 squares for each cross

I used this dark brown print 

and pieced 3 crosses for the back:


I didn't have any more of the wood print so I just pulled something close from my stash for the binding and Jackie quilted these fun stars with a swirl in the center across it:

I didn't use a pattern - just looked at a lot of plus quilts on Pinterest:


It's  58"x62" 

and Skeet has given his seal of approval even though he's a tad sad because DH left without him:

10 comments:

Donna said...

Love the quilt!!! Glad to see Skeet again!!!

Dorian said...

Thats a nice quilt Karin. Hope you all are doing ok.

Janna and Mike said...

I really like that one!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

What a great finish!

Judy said...

Nice quilt. Great colors. Riley Blake has a Cowboy line out called Behind Chutes, I think. It made me think of you.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice finish. Poor, Skeet! His ears say it all.

Shelly said...

Poor Skeet!

Chantal said...

Great job on the Plus quilt and the back too. ;^)

Sherrill said...

I like it! I started one probably 10-ish years ago and it got put up and forgotten. I got it out last year and started positioning and said GAH! Forget it! My pieces were 2 1/2" and would've taken forever so I decided the 2 1/2" squares would go into other stuff. Is mega cooking done for a bit?

Theona said...

Skeet knows the best seat in the yard is on a quilt!
Beautiful quilt and I love your pieced back. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...