Saturday, June 19, 2021

A New Quilt Project

 After a long, dry spell, I have been able to spend some time in my sewing room. I figure that's worthy of a quick blog post. 😄 I decided to make a couple of Americana-esque quilts for a couple of my folks' friends and neighbors. I was determined to use what I had and I spent 4 days pulling, sorting, cutting, and pressing fabrics. I wanted as as much variety as I could get and I was tempted to do a little online shopping, but I held firm and stuck with inventory on hand. I ended up with 22 different fabrics of each color and I cut 6 - 6 1/2" squares of the reds and blues and 12 - 6 1/2" squares of the neutrals. I'm leaning towards a simple hourglass design:


I had forgotten how much fun it was to begin a new quilt!

5 comments:

Sherrill said...

Well, that's a beautiful assortment to getcha goin'!!! I'm anxious to see what ya do with it.

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin, wooohoo! Have fun girl!!

Donna said...

Can’t wait to see what you come up with! Glad you got some time in your sewing room!

Shepherdess55 said...

A well-deserved time in your sewing room. Looking forward to seeing photos of the finished quilts.

Margaret said...

Yay! A new quilt! Enjoy! (As much as I love quilting, and I do love quilting, sometimes I think the most fun part is the planning, looking for the right fabrics, the right pattern. That’s when the dreaming happens).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...