Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Catching Up

 The sun has set and it's past my bedtime, but I thought I'd pop in and post a few shots from the last few days. 

Seems we were on the go, but I think lots of you were too. We spent Friday with friends' at a fish fry:

They built the neatest outdoor room I've ever seen with a kitchen on one end, a fireplace on the other, and sliding partitions on one side:

I took Summer Berry Pie:

And  Texas Caviar:

Robert has ruined fried fish for us forever because no place that offers fried fish can hold a candle to his. He and his wife are gems and we had such a good time that I didn't take any other pictures. It  was close to midnight when we got home - it's been a long time since we stayed out that late. Had to pencil in a nap.

On Saturday, DH and I smoked a chicken, mushroom skewers, corn on the cob, and green chiles. You'll have to take my word for it - it was delicious. I took a picture, but I haven't a clue where it went. I'm falling down on my blogging responsibilities so how about a picture of the Shish-Kabobs from Thursday:

Then on Sunday we headed to the mountains to see his folks. We went to a ranch rodeo where we caught up with friends, ate a really good green chile cheeseburger, and had a good visit with his folks. His mom didn't want to have her picture taken so I respected that, but grandpa was fair game. 😉 

His horse was lame so DH spent some time working on his feet:

And this is my favorite picture from the weekend:

Times like this are priceless. It was a good weekend and we woke up to this on Monday morning:


Making a good weekend, perfect:



8 comments:

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin, looks like you had a great weekend. So nice to be able to get together with friends and family. Yah on the rain!

Donna said...

That is a great outdoor room! They should charge to host reunions and wedding receptions! All that food looks so good! Congratulations on getting more rain!

Joy Van den top said...

Great pictures! Awesome to get rain! We were blessed with some last night too. The corn was giving up yesterday! I can hardly wait to see it today. The grass turned green again overnight! Take care!

Sherrill said...

WOW, busy as always; imagine that! HA Maybe with all the rain you'll be getting more cows again? Great 4th celebrations for you guys.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness the Pictures of Uncle look so much like Granddad! Glad you are getting rain, and your pie looks delicious!

Violet said...

Never heard of Texas Caviar. Looks like black-eyed peas, tomatoes, corn, maybe some jalapeno and probably some spices. A quick search turned up hundreds of varieties. I found a couple recipes and will give it a try this weekend with our grilled Portobello cheeseburgers. And it always warms my heart to see your lovely family photos - thank you!

Violet said...

Well duh...I forgot I could click and get your recipe! Good grief.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like a great time!! I would like to see more of that room and the sliding partitions! I want to re-do the back of my house and that looks like I would like it! Enjoy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...