Sunday, July 11, 2021

Quite Contrary Hourglass Baby Quilt

 Well it took 7 months, but I finally have my first quilt finish of the year to share.

I started quilting 12 years ago and this is one of the first fabrics I bought and I probably bought 4 or 5 yards of it. I loved it and I still love it today. It was called Quite Contrary and I made a lot of baby quilts with it. I've finally come to the end of it with this little quilt and it may very well be my favorite:

I think this is a good way to showcase a favorite print that isn't directional - this is a better shot of the fabric on an earlier quilt 

                                         

I just pulled coordinating fabrics from my stash and made hourglass blocks. I used a pink striped flannel for the back and a dark pink with flowers on it from my stash for the binding. This peek of the back shows the cute pattern Jackie quilted across it:

I made this quilt a few years ago, but it's been at Jackie's for a while. It finishes at 42 x 52 and is patiently awaiting a sweet little baby:

8 comments:

Donna said...

Those are my favorite colors for a baby quilt; bright and happy!

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin, yah for a finish! And a very cute one too. Some little girl will just love it. Maybe a granddaughter? :) Have a lovely day.

Sherrill said...

I know all of your beautiful little baby quilts are well received. The flannel is such a great touch especially on a baby quilt. Now you need to find another great fabric and buy 4-5 yards of that one! LOL

Lisa said...

You are ahead of me on the quilting front! I quilt in my Dinning Room, have a quilt started and it has been there for several months. HOW embarrassing for me! I made one of those deals with myself to finish this one before I could move on. I have this next weekend off with no definite plans so hoping to get to it! It's good to see you back.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Very nice--fabrics are perfect

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a lovely final finish from that fabric, Karin!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty!

Shelly said...

Fantastic colors! And I love the quilting design, and the flannel back. So sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...