Monday, July 26, 2021

Fresh Flowers Baby Quilt

 One of the first fabric collections I bought when I began quilting was Fresh Flowers by Deb Strain for Moda. I dug through my archives to find the quilt I made with it back in 2012

I ended up donating it for a family fundraiser, but I hung on to the scraps and finally dug them out in 2019. I saw a design on Pinterest I loved and began sketching out the block to make the best use of the fabric I had 

and it turned into this fun baby quilt that finishes at 46" x 46":

I used a turquoise for the border and this orange/yellow dot for the binding - both from my stash:

Jackie quilted dragonflies across it - the perfect choice as I backed it with a yellow dragonfly print I bought at Joann's years ago:


I didn't quite have enough so I added a strip of yellow sketch I found in my scraps:


A fun, bright finish to add to my baby quilt stash!


8 comments:

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin, what a lovely, bright quilt! Looks like a fun pattern. Have a great day.

Donna said...

Those colors and pattern are timeless!

Anonymous said...

What a bright and happy quilt!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

So satisfying to sew from stash

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a very cute baby quilt, it's so nice to have a quilt waiting for the right person to be born. Happy stitching!

sandi s said...

That is an adorable little quilt! Hugs,

Shelly said...

Love it! Love those bright colors. And keeping a stash of baby quilts is brilliant.

Lindah said...

What a cheery, happy quilt!
Am I seeing green in the photo background?
And flowers?
I hope that means a reverse the local weather pattern for you!
Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...