Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Songbook

 A few years ago a company called Fancy That Design House came across my radar. I am a big fan of her flour sack / tea towels. They are a little pricy, but I love a large, good quality flour sack towel in the kitchen...add a little Scripture and I will splurge and these are worth it. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and these are by far my favorite kitchen towel. 

Then she announced her first fabric collection for Moda: Songbook...and the wait was on. Here's the fun panel that's the foundation for the name of the collection. There are 4 of each per panel:

I was finally notified that it was available a few days ago and I ordered a half-yard bundle that very same day. There is a quilt for me in there somewhere

 but I also need to make a quilt for a friends' daughter who is headed off to college. She likes a Boho feel and I think this collection will be perfect. After lots of pattern browsing online, I settled on this design. I've had this pattern for a long time and I'm glad I finally found the project/fabric/pattern combination that works for this:


It uses a Layer Cake, which I didn't have and it took longer to press and cut squares from my 1/2 yard bundle than it did to sew the top, but I loved lingering over these beautiful prints:

College starts soon so I needed to jump on this ASAP. I received the fabric on Thursday, cut the squares on Friday, made the blocks on Saturday, pieced the top on Sunday:

It still needs borders - of which the top and bottom are pieced, and as I'm working on those, I'm dreaming of another quilt:

7 comments:

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin! I'm glad you have got some quilting time. Your top is looking good. The pattern was a good match for the fabric :) Have a lovely day.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute pattern!! Have fun with those fabrics, too.

Nanette said...

So lovely and inspired!

Renae C. said...

I love this fabric collection, too! I bought a fat quarter bundle and am making a quilt for my mom using the pattern Lofty from A Bright Corner. I chose it because it uses large pieces of fabric. I didn't want to cut the beautiful fabric into tiny pieces!

Gwynette in NWArkansas said...

You are always coming up with such cute ideas! Glad you are getting some sew time in! We are overcast with western wildfire smoke here in NW Arkansas this week. Hate that the forests and homes are burning. Also, hope this posts. Google and Blogger are NOT my friends!!

Shelly said...

Sooo pretty!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I also saw this collection and was so excited. I admit that I was hoping for a text print rather than a panel, but we can't be too picky can we? I love what you've made and it's amazing that you have followed the designer for awhile. I love when that happens and you can say, "I knew them before."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...