Monday, August 9, 2021

Beef Fajitas

 With a freezer full of beef, the sky's the limit. We feel pretty spoiled. The first thing I fixed was beef fajitas. To be honest, I still had a couple of packages of flank steak left from the last beef and I am trying to use it up first and we LOVE fajitas! We love beef and chicken equally, but today I'm sharing my beef version. I use either flank or skirt steak which can be tough so I use this simple marinade that we love:

Grilled Marinated Flank/Skirt Steak

2# flank or skirt steak

1/4 C olive oil

2 Tbsp honey

1/4 C soy sauce (I use coconut aminos)

1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

2 cloves chopped garlic

1 tsp coarse black pepper

* Place steak in a large ziploc bag. Mix marinade and pour over steak. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Remove steak from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Grill. Let rest 15 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.

I slice onions, a jalapeno, green-red-yellow-orange peppers or whatever kind I have and saute them in a cast iron skillet with a little bit of olive oil and butter for about 20 minutes. Add sliced steak and combine. Warm tortilla over flame (I have a gas stove). Serve with guacamole and cheese. Sour cream optional. 

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've copied down the marinade, I'm going to try this with our beef. It looks delicious!

Dorian said...

Good morning Karin! Thanks for the recipe, it looks good. We like our various meats in taco's here too. It's a great time to have a freezer full of meat, what with the way things are going. Enjoy eating it up! LOL

Nancy said...

Thank you for the recipe, Karrin. I'm always looking for good marinades for beef. This one sounds delicious.

Theona said...

Yum! Fajitas are one of my favorite meals too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...