Monday, August 30, 2021

Songbook Quilt Finish

 It's not often that I begin a quilt and finish it the same year, much less the same month, but I pieced this a few weeks ago using fabric from the Songbook collection


 And this pattern

 I shared it with ya'll a few posts ago here:

Songbook

And I handed it off to Jackie on a Monday. I have a few others waiting in the wings, but I asked her to move this one to the top and she called a week ago Sunday to let me know it was ready:

I love the fun quilting design her daughter, Sandy, used - it shows up beautifully on the gray Minky I used on the back:


I bound it in this burnt orange from the line because it's one of Brooke's favorite colors - I teased her and told her she was going to the wrong school because their colors are red and black. 😉

I don't usually stitch binding during the day, but I spent some extra time working on it during the week:

And yes, I am watching an Aurora Teagarden movie on Hallmark. That series is one of my guilty pleasures.

I really like the addition of the pieced border:

I loved these fun prints and am looking forward to making another quilt...or two!

The colors practically glowed in the setting sun

The quilt is 60"x72" and I was able to hand it off to the new college girl when she drove by the ranch on Saturday. 

5 comments:

julieQ said...

I love it!!! The border just sings to me!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Oooh, I really like this quilt! Everything (pattern, fabrics, colors) looks fantastic.

sandi s said...

I love your quilt, it’s beautiful! The colors are so pretty. I love The Teagarden mysteries too! Hugs,

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, the glowing sunset picture is beautiful. Such a wonderful gift :)

Unknown said...

How can i get this pattern

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...