Friday, August 6, 2021

Where's The Beef

 About 3 weeks ago, when I was in Texas, DH hauled our beef to the processing plant in Fort Sumner, 2 hours from the ranch, and on Wednesday I drove to pick it up. It wasn't supposed to rain, but it did so I stopped at the Fort Sumner hardware store to buy a tarp and cover the boxes - DH helped unload the boxes, but got a call from a cow buyer so when he finishes up, we'll get this folded and stash it behind the seat.

We usually split a beef with the family at North Camp, but since it's empty, we had to make room for a whole beef - 10 boxes of beef = 716# 


Thankfully, I had brought back a huge upright deep freeze from my mom's and I was able to empty out the chest freezer. We also have a smaller upright deep freeze that we had to buy last year when our 35-yr old chest freezer retired and there were only 2 freezers in the entire town. Needless to say, the chest freezer is no longer empty:

                     

Beef, it's what's for dinner:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog and I loved that we had a 3 hour talk today. Reminded me of high-school!
I've missed thatšŸ„° I've missed you!

Sherrill said...

Whoa, that's a whole lotta beef. You're gonna be eatin' good (like you didn't before..HA!).

Janna and Mike said...

I have a really hard time getting my Cowboy to eat anything BUT beef! A whole beef is a lot of meat, isn't it!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Lots of good meals in that freezer. Enjoy!

Robin said...

That looks so yummy! You can come and cook for me any time.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beef - its what for dinner.... LOVE it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...