Monday, November 1, 2021

Under the Needle: October

 October didn't allow me much time in my sewing room. It's been 3 weeks since I turned on my machine, but as much as I love making quilts, I don't want to miss out on the rest of my life and lately, when I haven't been cooking for the crew, it's been calling me outside. But I did manage to fit in a few stitches earlier in the month.

I'm planning a couple of I Spy quilts and I cut squares from about 70 different novelty fabrics


Our girl has requested a flannel rag quilt and that's really the only thing that's actually been under my needle this month

I managed to sneak in under the wire and add a few more blocks to the growing stack yesterday:

And I finished this Country Garden Quilt

As well as this Americana Quilt


My BIL and his step-son are coming for a few days, planning for a houseful for Thanksgiving, and we've got a new couple hired for North Camp so I've got a date with my steam cleaner this week so they'll at least have clean carpet. All good things, but November's not looking good for sewing either, is it? 🙈 LOL

3 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hope your very busy life allows you to find time with your passion (quilting)

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Sometimes I get frustrated at my lack of sewing time, but life is moving at a pretty good clip and I’m hustling to keep up!! Your eye spy quilts will make for some smiling faces and flannel rag quilts really are warm! Glad you have help again. Good to see a post from you and enjoy getting ready for the holidays!!����

Treadleworks said...

Wonderful quilts you have finished! And a fun "I spy" quilt is just what the doctor ordered!
Try to enjoy a little time to quilt each week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...