Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Jellystone Quilt Finish

 This quilt has been in the works for years. 

I knew I wanted to make it when I first saw the pattern in this book

I loved the name as well as the design. Yogi and BooBoo were a part of my childhood and I can't help thinking of them and laughing at their antics when I recall the name of this quilt.

This is hands down my favorite quilt book from my favorite designer. Carrie - you are a genius! I bought this book in 2015 and started pulling fabrics from my stash for this quilt immediately. I'd cut and add fabrics from time to time


and finally began piecing blocks in March, 2020

Every stitch was a joy - I just love these fabrics

 Jackie quilted fun leaves across it - always adding her perfect magic touch 

The backing is a $4.50 find from the clearance section

 at a wonderful little quilt shop called Front Porch Quilts in Benjamin, Texas:

I can always find something in my stash for bindings and this print made the cut to finish off this happy, scrappy quilt. 

I love Autumn and I was surprised this was the first Fall quilt I made and, in my world, Fall quilts in February are perfectly acceptable. 

😉 The day I took these pictures, it was 70°, but this morning it was 12° with a stiff breeze blowing:

The setting desert sun made this quilt positively glow:

But the earlier shots give a truer depiction of the colors. Jellystone finishes at 77"x92" and I'm so tickled to have it finished! From the first stich to the last - it was such fun!



15 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful fabrics, great design, great fall colors: it all worked together to make a beautiful quilt

Shepherdess55 said...

This quilt is on my want-to-make list too. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

Sherrill said...

I LOVE it!! And the backing..what a perfect pairing. I love almost everything about autumn (except for the fact that it is followed by winter-UGH!).

Sally Langston Warren said...

Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo were part of my childhood too! (….in black and white, of course!) This quilt is gorgeous. Amazing how it does glow in the desert sun! All the fabrics and colors work together so beautifully.

Chantal said...

Congratulations! It's gorgeous. I too love fall and have yet to make a fall quilt. ;^)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s a beautiful quilt!

Jocelyn said...

Great finish! I love Carrie's patterns too.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Love it, Karin! I have that book and need to look through it again!!

momto1 said...

What absolute fun! It’s so good to read a happy blog post. So many are focused on pointing out the pattern maker’s errors.

I, too, love Carrie Nelson and her patterns, and your autumn tones are just gorgeous.

Shelly said...

It's beautiful, as are your photos of it. Love that border! And what a perfect backing!

Carol said...

I've been to that shop in Benjamin. Very nice. Love the quilt and you chose the perfect fabrics.

Lindah said...

Love that quilt! The colors, the pattern, the backing, the binding. Just lovely.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh so very pretty!
those blocks are so cool!!!

Janet O. said...

What a gorgeous, warm and inviting quilt. And I really love how it looks in the sunset!

Robin said...

Your quilt is wonderful! I made this pattern a few years ago and would make it again - it was such an enjoyable quilt to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...