Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Red Barn Quilt Shop

 I thought I had posted about this little quilt shop at some point, but I can't find a record of it, so this seems like a good time to fix that. The Red Barn Quilt Shop and Retreat Center is just South of Lubbock, in Wolfforth. 

The first time I went there, I was with a dear friend who now lives in Texas and we try to meet up in Lubbock once a year or so. She's a quilter too so we naturally navigate to quilt shops. This is one of our favorites

I mean where else are you going to find a quilt shop with chickens?


There was a retreat going on - everyone was working on Cross-stitch

                                     

Coffee station ready and waiting

                                     

If I hadn't needed to get back on the road, I'd have pulled up my sleeves and helped out in the kitchen

                                      

This is the retreat center


They are a Brother, Bernina, and Handi-Quilter dealer


Lots of  wonderful fabrics to choose from


It's not a huge shop, but they pack in a lot of good stuff without making it feel crowded


Fun displays

I only bought a few basics to add to my stash because I honestly do not need any more fabric, but I want to support the local quilt shops.


Because the last time I was there I bought this stack of fat quarters and I haven't even touched it

                              

And someone's going to ask, about the framed piece next to those fat quarters. A friend and former co-worker made this and sent it to me recently after we'd gone to a quilt show together and I shared some patterns with her. It's absolutely darling and I treasure her friendship so it gets a special place in my sewing room

So if you happen to find yourself in the vicinity of Lubbock, add this fun shop to your itinerary.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We live in a very rural area here in SD. I very seldom get to an actual Quilt Shop. That one looks like I could spend all day there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...