Monday, May 15, 2023

I Spy Quilt

 Last year I made an I Spy quilt for my coworker's cousin. I'd been collecting novelty fabrics for a while, knowing there were more I Spy quilts in my future

I so enjoyed selecting fun prints

And I put 110 different ones in this special quilt that was really hard to photograph in the bright sun

Sandy added the perfect quilting patterns called Jigsaw and it finishes at 60 x65

I added this fun stripe for the binding and the blue dot, both from my stash.

This was a birthday gift for our granddaughter and it was a hit


She was captivated


As was I, watching her discover each square

At one point she saw a square with Santa and she piped up enthusiastically, "Ho Ho"! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Last week I took a huge stack of squares to work to share with another coworker. She wants to make 2 for her granddaughters and another friend wants to make 4. I have enough fabric to fill all their needs. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I think it's safe to say, this quilt will be well-loved

It was made with love with prayers stitched into every seam for this special little nugget


6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

It's a joy to watch children at play, she'll love that quilt to rags!

Anonymous said...

Our church is sponsoring an Ukrainian family and we made an I Spy quilt for the children. It helps them learn English, I’m told.

Meredith said...

This is so cute, and your granddaughter is darling! She’s a great quilt model! Aren’t grandchildren the best?

Darlene said...

Love it. Simple patterns make the best quilts.

Chantal said...

What a gorgeous little nugget! So charming. Congrats on the lovely quilt. ;^)

Jenny said...

Ho ho indeed, such a clever little girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...