Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Jelly Roll Quilts

 When I first began making quilts, I gravitated towards jelly rolls and then they sat...for years. I no longer buy them, but I've been on a mission to use them up. I've still got some to use, but I've made enough of them that I thought I'd compile them into one post that I could look back on for inspiration.

Oddly enough, although I know they were all the rage years ago, I've never made a Jelly Roll Race quilt

Plus a Nine Patch is a recent finish

As is this one using a Spring House Jelly Roll


2 x 4 Quilt

I didn't use a jelly roll to make this quilt, but the pattern is designed with 2 1/2" strips.

Adventures in Africa

Bunny Hop Baby Quilt 



                                                

A Plus Quilt is a fun way to use a jelly roll

Twice as Nice Quilt

Biscuits & Gravy Quilt


Charleston Pavement Quilt


Fence Rail Diamond Quilts



Rocky Fence Rail - this one is similar to the diamond quilts above


Hill Country Spring Quilt


Amish Farm Baby Quilt


I've still got a few jelly rolls left so the journey continues...

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for showing all of these great looking quilts. I have more than 20 Jelly Rolls in the stash and no plans for them. I will make at least one of these this summer! Again, thanks for the inspiration.

Kara Kwilts said...

I love your jelly-roll quilts! Another resource for quilts is Cozy Quilt in California. They have a monthly jelly roll club that she designs a new pattern that uses jelly-rolls every month. I just finished her pattern called Hanging Gardens. It is so BEAUTIFUL, if I do say so myself. :) You can also find her on YouTube. Have a lovely day!!! Kara

Sherrill said...

LOTS of beautiful quilts; I'd sure hate to have to pick a favorite!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a fun collection of quilts!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...