Monday, April 27, 2020

Amish Farm Baby Quilt

In May 2019, I stopped in at One Quilt Place, in Fredricksburg, when I was headed to my Mom's. I blogged about the shop here:

                                                                   One Quilt Place

My truck just automatically stops there every time. Honestly, I didn't need a thing, but I had a $50.00 reward waiting for me for a year and I thought I'd pop in and see if anything caught my eye and it was a good excuse to stretch these old legs.

I wandered around for close to an hour, contemplating lots of wonderful bolts, but I was on my best behavior and reeled myself in. This simple little patchwork quilt stole my heart


So I used part of my reward on it. At one point, I contemplated setting it on point, but I didn't have enough of the solid for setting triangles and then I just came to the conclusion that it's just hard to beat a simple patchwork quilt:


The kit was called Farmyard Friends by Lewis and Irene and the fabric collection is Small Things on the Farm. I don't know if it's still available, but I figured I'd share the information because someone will ask. :)


It finishes at 48" x 52" and I am completely smitten with it


Jackie and Sandy quilted a chicken wire pattern across it that is perfect


It's been approved by the feathered flock

                                             
I backed it with this taupe print, and bound it with the same navy


I love the tiny prints paired with the navy


Just a simple patchwork quilt...


It doesn't get any better than that.



9 comments:

Dorian said...

So sweet Karin. As often the simplest things are :) Great finish.

Sherrill said...

It is very cute and, like you say, perfect!! Your 'location' shots are always SO great (except the one with Skeet that seems to be missing--HA!).

The Joyful Quilter said...

A quilt?! You finished a quilt!! :o))
Simply wonderful! What a great photo shoot, you had. LOVE that chicken yard long view shot most of all!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This is a cute quilt from fabrics, to pattern, to quilting. Well done.

Shelly said...

Simple is just so wonderful! I love the chicken wire quilting, too.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You are absolutely correct "it doesn't get any better than that." And the chickens were more than happy to add their modeling skills!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Perfect!! I have a bunch of 2.5" squares cut and I definitely have a lovely dark blue! Your show and tell always kicks my creativity into gear!! Thinking about you doing the social distancing! It's easy for us, too, on the mountain in the woods! Good health to you and yours!! Scratch Skeets ears for me. Our Jack Russels love that!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Too cute!!

Nancy said...

That's a great quilt. I love how the lights create waves of pastel color across the quilt. I don't notice that close-up but see it in the first and second photos. Wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...