Thursday, April 30, 2020

Under the Needle: April


April didn't give me much time behind my sewing machine, but I did finish a couple of projects and that's always a good thing.

I finished 17 of these lined drawstring bags although I've been working on them since March. This was the first batch:


And here's the 2nd:


I'll bet I've made close to 100 of these bags through the years. I even laminated the pattern because I use it all the time. For the most part, I've used Christmas fabrics, but with this last batch, I concentrated on making them for general gift giving. You can find the pattern here: Lined Drawstring Bag

I was mailing some packages and I just really like popping items into these bags as an alternative to wrapping.

I also finished this VFW Donation Quilt

                                                

And stitched the binding down on this Amish Farm Baby Quilt

                                     

I've still got 2 quilts here to bind so hopefully there will be a few finishes in May.

9 comments:

Dorian said...

Some nice finishes for you Karin. Glad you're getting a bit of sewing time in. Have a great day!

Sherrill said...

WOW!! You've had the pedal to the metal!!! I just got outta bed a little bit ago and I'm already tired after reading all you've accomplished JUST in the sewing department!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a nice lot of sewing for the month!! Thanks for the pattern link. Congrats on you TWO lovely quilt finishes!

Janna and Mike said...

What cute bags--I just ordered the pattern!

Donna said...

Don’t short change yourself, you got a lot done in April! I thought your QOV top looked familiar! I made that quilt top for QOV too! I haven’t had my quilted yet. I like yours much better the way you placed the red and blue. Mine is more random like the pattern. If I make another one, I will copy yours! Your baby quilt is so cute!

sandi s said...

I like all the bags you made. Some lucky person will be happy to receive your QOV, and your baby quilt is so sweet. Hugs,

Jeni Baker said...

Beautiful bags!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very productive month!!!

Shelly said...

That is a great bag pattern! I've used it many times myself. Great way to use up a few larger scraps, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...