Monday, April 13, 2020

33 Years

DH and I are pretty low key. We don't usually celebrate milestones like a lot of folks. I'm of the mind that the small, daily actions are ones I don't ever want to miss or take for granted. The fact that he still opens the door for me. Or that we make each other laugh. Or that I cleaned out the feed room for him without him expecting me to. Or that we have HIS and HERS buckets when we have water trouble 😄


Or the fact that I am counting on him to help me brush my teeth because I am fairly certain I won't be able to pick up my toothbrush after lugging these buckets of water at least 50 times


But it was a gorgeous day...65° and not a cloud in the sky:


DH said this was called the Farmer Carry:


I sent that picture to our girl and she said, "Goodness! What are ya'll doing?"

I replied, "Haven't you heard? The gyms are closed. This is called the Covid-19 Workout." 😂


Sometimes ranch life is not fun, but it's all part of the package so we just do what has to be done and know that at the end of the day, the Lord is in control and we pray we've been good stewards of the land and of the livestock that He has placed in our care and of this life that is a gift.


(The above shot is an old one, but still one of my favorites)
This morning, DH and I were talking about the choices we are making towards a more healthy lifestyle. We've already cut back on carbs and stepped up our exercise regime, but we were discussing how to implement more changes. Let's cut back on the bread even more than we already have. I don't buy potatoes anymore. We love fruit, but it has a lot of sugar and we probably ought to cut back on that.

We sometimes sit out by the fire pit in the evenings, but we haven't done so lately and thought we'd do that on our anniversary which was on the 4th (the day after the dirt tank photos in this post were taken) . DH said, we don't even have a bottle of wine. Then he said, "Seems like the only thing good for us is each other". THAT is all the celebration I need!

(and no, we're not going anywhere - the above photo was taken 2 years ago)
Looks like there's one more stop to make though:


13 comments:

Donna said...

Happy anniversary!!! You two are adorable! I agree the simple things are what’s important!!! My hubby fixes my first cup of tea and cooks breakfast on the weekends! He is also a gentleman and gets the door for me! We will celebrate 32 years of marriage in June! You get plenty of exercise just doing your daily routines! I bet neither of you have any problems sleeping at night! We have been following the Keto diet for over a year. I am down to my “Dream Barbie Goal Weight” and have kept it off! I do splurge on Saturdays though. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Dorian said...

Congratulations and Happy anniversary Karin. With divorce so common, it's nice to hear of someone staying married for so long. Love that photo of you and your honey.

QuiltGram said...

Happy Anniversary. And yes, the joy of the Lord is our strength. Hubby and I have been married for 53 years now and my heart was in agreement throughout your post.

Sherrill said...

Aww. It's obvious you guys were a match made in heaven! Cute! Happy anniversary a little late!

Janna and Mike said...

We celebrated our twenty fifth in October. Both of us had been married twice before but have decided this one is going to stick. We wouldn't want to be quarantined with anyone else. He too isn't demonstrative but does all those little things--does your husband walk on the outside of the sidewalk--my Dad did when walking with Mom and my husband does the same.

Chantal said...

Happy belated anniversary. We don't celebrate much either. We don't even find it hard at the moment to be constantly together. Stuck in the house, yes I find that hard but stuck with him, no. Wish you many, many more happy returns. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

We're only a year behind you guys. Happy anniversary!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a great team you make and a beautiful couple!! Love it!!

I tell my husband I am still cheaper than paid labor - so he can't divorce me - bwahh haa haa..

Hope the toothbrushing goes well for you.. sounds... romantic??? ;-)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Happy Anniversary!

sandi s said...

Happy Anniversary! The 4th of April was also my parents and my in-laws wedding day. They each had very long and happy marriages too! Hugs,

Shelly said...

Happy anniversary! Right where you're at seems like the best place to celebrate, anyway! We don't make too big a fuss over things like that here, either. We believe like you do -- it's the everyday stuff that matters. Cute photo of the two of you. (My Cowboy calls that the "farmer carry", too! Must be a Cowboy thing. Haha!)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

What a wonderful sweet thing to say "seems like the only good thing for us is each other". Happy anniversary! Sit by the fire and enjoy each other.

Mary Stephens said...

I hope you had a happy anniversary! April 4th was my grandma's birthday. :-)

Your post reminds me a quote (which I can't find right now) about how the best holidays are the secret holidays of the heart. That is so true. And, as you say, they can happen any time through those little courtesies and comments that mean so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...