Monday, March 20, 2023

Plus a Nine Patch Quilt

 Today I'm sharing another jelly roll quilt. I'm tickled to be making a dent in these and finally finishing  some quilts that have been UFOs for a while. I saw a picture online for this quilt called Egg Hunt, from the Fat Quarter Shop. It was just a picture and searching for it now, the only reference I am able to find is a post that leads to Facebook for a kit that is no longer available. 

I had this Little Ruby Jelly Roll 

and in an effort to turn my Jelly Rolls into quilts, I settled on 2 alternate blocks. I didn't use a pattern. I just alternated a 9-patch with a plus block, using the picture of the Egg Hunt quilt as my inspiration. 


I pulled the Riley Blake Swiss Dot fabric from my stash for the background. I pieced this quilt way back in May 2019 and finally handed it off to Jackie when I found this backing on clearance. Sandy quilted a design called Flower Trails across it, but it's a little hard to see - this shot probably shows the design better than others

I pulled this print from my stash for the binding

At 72 x 77, it will make a good cuddle quilt. 

The combination of 2 simple blocks made a darling quilt and those Jelly Rolls are thrilled to be living their best life! 😉

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful quilt! Such a simple design, no pattern is needed. Happy stitching!

Janna and Mike said...

You are inspiring me! I lost my quilting mojo several years ago and began knitting. I have so much quilting fabric--not a ton but enough! And lots of jelly rolls! I'm going to start using some of that fabric to make simple quilts to give away!

Theona said...

Lovely! I really like the use of the dotted swiss fabric--it reminds me of my childhood. :)

Chantal said...

A great combo of blocks makes for a great quilt. Congrats on this beauty. Enjoy! ;^)

Janet O. said...

Very pretty finish!
Patterns are overrated--look what you can do without it! LOL

pattik said...

Beautiful quilt. Love using the pin dots & JR together. --PattiK

Lisa said...

I really like the simplicity of this quilt. I have several Jelly Rolls to get used and this is perfect for one of my 8 grandchildren! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...