Saturday, March 11, 2023

Spring House Quilt

 This quilt is from an old Moda Bakeshop tutorial called Sweet Menagerie. I've been on a mission to use up old jelly rolls and I thought this would be a good way to showcase these. I used a jelly roll called Spring House that I bought on sale back in 2013.


 I finished piecing this in March 2021. Blogs are good for record keeping. 😉 


The fabrics have a modern vibe - very different from anything I have ever used - but the colors are fresh and fun

It's 70" x 78" and Sandy used a fun pattern called Modern Squares that shows up nicely on the back


In an attempt to use up the scraps, I pieced the back


A sweet finish and I'm very happy to know that another jellyroll has been released and is ready to enjoy life as a cozy quilt


6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm glad you found time to sew, the quilt is certainly lovely! The colors are so vibrant and springlike. Happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, springlike (well, spring here on the east coast....) and I love the way you have it displayed above the row of rocks!

Cheers,

ceci

Violet said...

Love this and already tracked down the pattern. I really like the "film strip" border. I'm trying to use my stash also and am getting more interested in slightly modern quilt patterns. Thanks!

ytsmom said...

Very cute, and I love the quilting! I have a ton of charm packs, and some jelly rolls, not sure how many!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Colors look like spring.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is super cute!! and!! makes me want Spring to come!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...