Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Radiant Voyage Quilt

Way back in June 2018, I found this pattern and paired it with a Layer Cake that I won online 

I wanted some mindless sewing and I love the versatility of HSTs so after a few marathon sessions I had  a nice stack and then the trimming began

Once I had it pieced, it got pushed back again and again as other projects took precedence and it took a while for me to settle on a backing

And I pulled a navy from my stash for the binding

 It's 64" x 64" and Sandy quilted a pattern called Geranium across it.

And 5 years after I took that first stitch, I have a finish

It's smaller than I usually make, but I only had the Layer Cake and although the fabric is pretty, it's not generally the kind of fabric I gravitate towards

I think it made a fun quilt though and I'll definitely use this design again. 

4 comments:

Joy in NW Iowa said...

Love it! So cheerful! Hope you are all finished with cleaning the dirt from the storm! When it’s a snow storm…at least the piles melt. But, dirt has to be moved back where it should be! Ugh. Happy sewing!

Theona said...

Beautiful! The design is really interesting and the fabric is exactly what I gravitate toward. Congrats on the finish.

Sherrill said...

I LOVE it!! Yes, I also like larger quilts but when you're working with a limited amount of fabric, ya just do what ya gotta do! Love 1/2 sq tri's but hate the trimming.

pbrenner said...

Such a pretty quilt! I love HST's - they are definitely perfect for mindless sewing/trimming. I hope y'all dug out after the sandstorm. I spend most of my time at our Texas house, but just spent 4 months at our home in southern Arizona (south east of Tucson). I'd forgotten how much dirt the wind blows in, ugh. I came back to Texas for the spring, since spring in Arizona is wind season, lol. I hope y'all got decent winter rain this year - I read that the La Nina has eased up, so I hope we all get good rains!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...