Friday, January 14, 2022

Biscuits & Gravy Quilt

 Back in 2019 I saw this print in the local quilt shop and I couldn't resist.

It's a Riley Blake line called Biscuits & Gravy. Well, I just thought that was the best name ever! I knew I had to build a quilt around it and I knew I wanted something in a patchwork style. Enter this simple pattern 

I needed something simple to work on when I was in Texas and this fit the bill 

I picked it up from Jackie the Monday before Thanksgiving after work and was tickled with this pattern she chose called Geranium.

                                      

I managed to stitch the binding to the front of the quilt, but with a houseful for 5 days over Thanksgiving, it was set aside.


After all, I had more important things to tend to! But, I always need a quilt to bind during the NFR and this one was this year's NFR quilt even though I set it aside again at Christmas. I finally finished stitching the binding the first week in January.

It finishes at 72x84

I backed it with my second favorite print from the line because I found 4 1/2 yards of it in the clearance section for $6.00 at The Quilt Haus in New Braunfels when I was in Texas. It wasn't quite enough, but I added a strip of a Shadow Play fabric that I found at a new quilt shop in Clovis

I guess this is a controlled scrappy patchwork quilt since it's all from the same line, but I love it and I plan on making another one from real scraps soon:

Another happy finish!

                          

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely quilt! It's always so much fun to start the new off with a new finish, happy stitching!

Theona said...

Lovely! Nice selection of fabric and pattern. And, that sky! It just sets those colors off in a stunning display.

Carolyn said...

It’s beautiful!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

With a name like biscuits and gravy it would be impossible to resist.

Great quilt

Shelly said...

It's fabulous! And I love the backing!

Sandra said...

The color combo heavy on the reds makes this one a stunner! Simple, but oh so effective.

Violet said...

Oh Karin...I think most of us can relate to losing our quilting/sewing mojo at one time or another. I know I have sometimes stayed away from my sewing room for weeks at a time. The good news is we eventually mosey back in there just like you did... and look at your beautiful quilt! Life ebbs and flows and so does our motivation. Always enjoy your posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...